January 22, 2012

Not fun, pt. 2

The search for new bras continues. This time, I headed to JC Penney. Right away I found some 34D's and just for kicks, I grabbed a 34C to try on.

I first tried on the C to see if the C at Walmart was just sized small. Nope. The C at JC Penney was too small, too. Okay, so I really am a D. So I tried on the D's. Way too big. So I'm not a D. What the heck is going on? Is there such a thing as a C 1/2? Because that's what I think I am. This is giving me a headache because it's just like trying on jeans.

I don't think my size 34 is wrong either, because I have a 36C bra I'd accidentally bought from Victoria's Secret a while ago (tag said 34C, actual bra said 36C), and on the tightest setting, it's still really lose around the middle after a few hours of wear.

I didn't have too much time to try on more bras, so I didn't go out and try different sizes, and left without a new bra. I'll probably go back when my need is dire and see if the D's will fit then.

But my main bras, which are the same kind, but different colors, are working really well even though the size is a 34B. So I wondered if a 34C would work. When I got back home, I looked online to see if they still make this particular bra. Of course not. I tried eBay, and while they have listings for this bra, none of them are for a 34C. Bummer. I'll have to keep an eye out. But something tells me I won't find one.

1 comment:

  1. Every bra is different. Even different styles of the same brand is different. I was fed-up with the increased boobage and last night went hunting at Sears for something to tie down the puppies that have gotten out of control. I'm normally a 34D. Well, possibly a slight overshare, but one boob is a C and one is a D. So I buy D's. Anyway. I am now apparently a 34DD (yikes!) and even a 36DD in one style (both were Wonderbra). I gave up on "pretty" bras for pregnancy and just decided I wanted something with actual support. I found *the* most comfortable Wonderbra, though. If you'd like to know the style, let me know. I was certainly (pleasantly!) surprised.

    ReplyDelete