January 31, 2012

Pregnancy: 15th week

Week 15
January 24 - 30

After having a little discussion with DH about me needing to buy some maternity clothes soon, and him mentioning thrift stores, it got my mind working a bit. Anyone who has been to the thrift stores in my town know for a fact that they are less than awesome. My town is not affluent, so the majority of items that show up there are pretty used & abused, and usually things you can buy at Walmart anyway. So I kinda want to stay away from them if I can. But then I remembered that there is a relatively new consignment shop for baby stuff in town. I looked up the info online, and although their website didn't give a ton of information, it did mention that they carry gently used maternity clothes. So today I went up there to see what they had.

The section wasn't huge, by any means, but most of their clothing was from places like Motherhood Maternity, which is probably where I would have gone first had I left town to go shopping. So I came home with 2 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and an awesome long jean skirt. And DH is going to love this... I got it all for less than $45. The surprising part for me, was that the jeans were priced less than the shirts were. I wonder why this is? Now I have some basics to get me through the next few months as I can still wear the majority of my shirts still. Then I'll see about working on more warm weather clothes.

Anyway, lately I've been noting that I should start eating more. My tummy grew pretty early, and I was making good progress on a real baby bump, but then I hit that rough patch last week where eating was difficult. I lost a few pounds and I could swear that I'm not as big as I was last week. And I'm probably not eating as much as I should anyway, so this might be part of the problem. But I better get on this gaining weight thing, or I foresee a lecture from my doctor coming soon. Darn. More ice cream.

On the whole for this week though, it's been pretty uneventful. The icky symptoms I had last week are gone for the most part, though I do still get headaches once in a while. I haven't felt the baby move in a while, but I'm not concerned as it's still pretty early for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment