January 23, 2012

Pregnancy: 11th week

Week 11
December 27 - January 2

I'm getting more excited now that family knows, and I feel a little more secure in buying things now. While on vacation in my hometown, we went to the mall and I will admit, I wandered into the baby sections in most of the department stores, looking for things that could be suitable for gender neutral (not much, BTW). It was slightly disappointing though, because all the baby sections in Dillard's, JCPenney, Herbergers & Sears carry Carter's. There's nothing wrong with Carter's, their clothing is cute and good quality. But when you walk into 4 different stores, you kind of expect different clothing at each of them. Not the case. I did buy a cute brown fleece jacket at Old Navy though. It's got bear ears on the hood! And it was on sale, since it was end-of-season. Score! And before we left town, we stopped at Target because I wanted to take a gander at their maternity section, but we of course went through the baby section. I found the CUTEST sleep & play with characters from Monsters, Inc. on it, and I just had to buy it. They only had 2 though... newborn & 9m. I'm leery of buying a lot of NB clothing because there's no guarantee my baby will even fit into it right after birth. So I bought the 9m, figuring it'll get more wear than the NB size would.

But I was severely disappointed by Target's maternity section. It was super small. I was excited, because no place where I live carries maternity clothing, and I knew Target did. I'd walked into Motherhood Maternity in the mall, but I was a little overwhelmed, so I walked back out and I figured Target would be more manageable. With only 4 racks, it was. But I did buy my first 2 pieces... a plain white long sleeve t-shirt and a dark purple thermal shirt.

I think DH will get a little aggravated at me though, for buying maternity & baby clothes. He knows that our friends will pass around both, so he kinda feels that there's no need to buy more, even though I won't know until I see what I can actually use. But what fun is having a baby when you can't buy your own clothing for both you and the baby? I mean, whatever is lent will be worn, so that's not the issue. He's just being weird I guess because I really haven't bought all that much of either. He should be glad that I don't plan on finding out what it is... gender neutral clothing is really lame, so there's not as much incentive to buy a lot of baby clothing as there would be if we found out. Besides, if we borrowed everything from our friends, it would make me feel like a cheapskate. It'd be one thing if we couldn't afford it, but we can manage to get some stuff, so why not add to the collection to be passed around?

On a brighter note, I'm starting to really show now! It's mostly my organs moving up & out of the way of the uterus, but it's progress!

1 comment:

  1. I learned we were safer in starting with 3 months clothes. You might have giant! And yes, you get to buy stuff. It's the fun part. And retail therapy while prego is just better.

    ReplyDelete