March 24, 2014

Swimming 03/24/2014

Today was one of those rare awesome days where you feel great, have lots of energy, and you accomplish more than you set out to do. I went into the pool feeling "meh" because I was crampy and according to DH, bloated. Thanks :P

But as usual, I started out with an easy breaststroke, and as I was nearing the wall for my 50, I was feeling up to going for a 100. So I made the turn and kept going. At the end of that first 100, I was still feeling it, but didn't want to kill myself so early. I made myself stop. Next up was freestyle, again aiming for a 50, but ended up with a 100! Same with the rest of the workout... I did no 50's the entire workout, which is amazing to me, because I only just started swimming again not that long ago. It might just be a fluke, and that's okay. But I'm so happy! I ended up doing 1,000 yards/meters/whatever, and I was still feeling energy at the end. Alas, I needed to get back home, so I couldn't do more. Also, my breaststroke kick seemed to go back to normal, so that's a plus.

Here's my set:
100 breaststroke
100 freestyle
100 breaststroke
100 backstroke
100 breaststroke
100 breaststroke kick
100 freestyle
100 backstroke kick
100 backstroke
100 breaststroke

Fingers crossed that my next workout keeps up with the 100's!

No comments:

Post a Comment