March 17, 2014

Swimming 03/17/2013


Today felt really good! I changed things up just a little bit, and ended up at 800 yards. There also was a cute guy doing laps in the next lane over, so that helps, too. ;)

4x50 alternating breast, free & back
100 breaststroke kicking
4x50 alternating breast, free & back
100 backstroke kicking, without board. Worked on breathing and position of feet.
4x50 alternating breast, free & back, with emphasis on back

But during my breaststroke 50's, I noticed that I have slightly changed my position in the water, so now when I kick, my feet break the surface of the water. This is desirable in the other 3 strokes, but not breaststroke. Your hips need to be lower, so that your legs can catch more water to "push" off of. Breaking the surface means that your kick isn't as effective, and you slow down. Slowing down = more work. I kind of noticed it last time I swam, but I thought that since I was thinking about it too much, it was just messing with me. Now that I've noticed it 2 times in a row, the next few swims will have more focus on keeping my hips down.

No comments:

Post a Comment