November 3, 2011

Symptoms

One of the pitfalls of TTC, is that in the LP, we dissect each and every symptom we get. Like right now, I'm sick. Illness is one of the symptoms one can get when implantation happens, since your immune system is lowered. So it makes me a little hopeful, ya know? But then I have to take a step back and tell myself that I might in fact just be sick.

And then there are the symptoms that are nearly identical to those of PMS. Those suck. So when my boobs start hurting, which they do every single cycle, I can't assume that I'm pregnant. Same thing with cramps, skin breakouts, backaches, mood swings, increased hunger and spotting... all of which are very common in the first weeks after conception. Doesn't stop me from looking at them under the microscope though.

I just wish I was one of *those* women who knew, without a doubt, that they were pregnant without testing, and they turned out to be right. Yeah, that's one of my many pipe dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment